• Welcome to the edge of the civilized internet! We are a site and community dedicated to freedom of speech. All our official content can be found here. If you have any questions, try our FAQ here or see our video on why this site exists at all!

The Sanctuary Portal

Chatbox
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Houseman:
    no u
  • @ Arnox:
    k
  • @ Drathnoxis:
    @Houseman I gotta ask, were you trolling on the Escapist like everybody thought, or were you genuine?
  • @ Houseman:
    @Drathnoxis I am always genuine, and sometimes I put a little hyperbole on top.
  • @ Houseman:
    But I don't lie about my beliefs, opinions, or anything else
  • @ Drathnoxis:
    Ok, that's what I figured.
  • @ Vendor-Lazarus:
    So, for my next game projects, I'm going to list H'n'S games, City-builder games (could be some overlap or sorting needed between Survival Builder there), M/STACS and..no that's it. I thought 4X and Metroidvanias, but those have other sites listing them in good order. I will be maintaining them all ofc. (on and off..)
  • @ Arnox:
    There is only one Metroidvania you need to know about, and that's Aria of Sorrow.
  • @ Arnox:
    Maybe Bloodstained as well... UGH, I STILL haven't played that game yet. >_<
  • @ Battousai:
    Aria of Sorrow is great, but all the following DS Castlevania titles were amazing too imo. Although Order of Ecclesia was certainly different, but it was fun.
  • @ Arnox:
    Dawn of Sorrow just hit too differently to be honest, plus it had some regressions over Aria of Sorrow. It's not a BAD game, but it's definitely not as good as Aria.
  • @ Battousai:
    I like all the titles from the GBA to the DS personally, Harmony of Dissonance was always my favorite GBA Castlevania.
  • @ Vendor-Lazarus:
    Heresy. S tier top Metroidvania is Hollow Knight.
  • @ Vendor-Lazarus:
    Bloodstained is slow as fuck, controls badly, and combat is atrocious.
  • @ Arnox:
    Hollow knight doesn't have the MASSIVE list of offensive and defensive abilities and weapons in Aria and plus, I just LOVE the music, map, medieval gothic monsters, and overall story of Aria (even though it was a rather simple story) much better than HK's.
  • @ Arnox:
    HK is a creative work of passion, I agree, but it's not on Aria's level.
  • @ Vendor-Lazarus:
    It doesn't have weapons, but different builds are quite viable. Music, map, monster, story is impeccable.
  • @ Arnox:
    There are different builds, yes, but it's still not at all to the same extent as Aria. And as for the story, map, music, etc., I'll admit that's a lot more subjective than anything, but sue me. I like the sexy gothic vampires and cathedral-like castles.
  • @ Vendor-Lazarus:
    Is Aria the one with 3-4 different versions?
  • @ Arnox:
    You mean parts of the map or game versions?
  • @ Vendor-Lazarus:
    GBA,J2ME,WiiU.
  • @ Vendor-Lazarus:
    But no. It wasn't the one I was thinking of.
  • @ Arnox:
    Aria of Sorrow was released only for the GBA for a long time, but then got released very recently on PC as well.
  • @ Arnox:
    The game in the beginning of the video is Aria

Latest posts

Events Calendar