By signing up for this forum you agree to these rules listed below. In addition to the rules below. Anything you post on this forum is hypothetical and the site administrators do not condone and are in no way liable for anything that is posted or is a result of something that has been posted on this site. Do not post evidence of any crimes or incriminate yourself.
We do not have a solid set-in-stone list of rules because of the nature of this forum. The rules below have been developed to address issues that commonly arise in the forum. This is not a catch all and is meant to be used as a guideline. Please use common sense when posting. We may let minor violations slide if they are not disrupting the operation of the forum. If in doubt, Private Message a member of staff for clarification before making your post.
We encourage proper forum etiquette when posting or making a new thread. When posting please use the multi-quote feature or edit your post to avoid multiposting. Proper spelling and grammar is also strongly encouraged.
We use a combination of warnings and bans to deal with rule violations. For small violations we give out warnings. For more severe or recurring violations we will ban users based on the severity of the violation. When a user here is warned, they have three days from the time they have been warned in which they cannot violate any rules again. If the three days pass without violation, the users warning level is reset completely. If three days have not passed though and they violate the rules again, they will be banned with the length determined by the member of staff who bans them.
We will not delete your account by request. What you post here is, for the most part, permanent and is backed up frequently.
The Seven Deadly Sins of Sanctuary:
You will be automatically banned and, if applicable, the offending posts will be removed for the following.
1. Flooding, a form of spam, which is posting the same images and/or text repeatedly. It can also include posting incredibly long posts without any substantial content.
2. Child porn, (CP) which can be defined as images, videos, or links to such of anyone nude and under the age of 18, no matter what the context and sexually suggestive images, videos or links to such of anyone under the age of 18 with partial clothing. (Bikinis, etc.)
3. Links to or images and videos of IRL bestiality.
4. Personal information (PI) of any users on Sanctuary, which is anything that can be used to identify a user or their family members IRL. The only exception to this is if someone posts their own PI publicly on the site. That is it.
5. Advertising your own site, service, or thing unless publicly cleared to do so by an admin or global mod. This also includes people affiliated with the creation, maintenance, or advertisement of a site, service, or thing.
6. Breaking into and/or attempting to deface and/or damage the site or its host in any way.
7. Ban evading, which is making another account in order to circumvent your ban and continuing to post on the site. If you are caught ban evading, your alt account will be permabanned and length of the ban on your original will be increased if it is a temporary ban.
You may be warned for the following:
- Blatantly derailing a thread and going completely against the conversation flow or constantly derailing threads with the purpose of harassing users.
- Bumping a thread that has gone 3 days or more without replies unless you legitimately have something to add or contribute.
- Completely illegible or incoherent posts or threads.
- Making phony post reports.
Other Rules and Info:
- If you post a thread that is not fitting in a sub forum, it may be locked and/or moved by a member of staff.
- If something could be considered CP according to the above rules, but clearly isn't treated that way culturally, get mod approval first.
- Use the report post feature to let the moderation team know of issues with users.
- Signatures must be reasonably sized and any profile elements must also conform to the rules of Sanctuary as well as not having any nudity shown. If offending users keep having such elements in their profile after they have been told to change it by a member of staff, they will lose their profile customization privileges completely for an indefinite period of time.
- Users asking to be banned will be banned anywhere from a day to permanently determined by the member of staff who bans them regardless of the length the user might have asked for.
- If you repeatedly violate a rule you may be banned for a long time or permabanned.
If you feel you've been punished unfairly, you may contact an admin about it by email. ([email protected]) HOWEVER, keep in mind that most, if not all of the time, an admin (me included) will stand by a global moderator's decision. We pick our staff VERY carefully and hold them to a rigorous standard. For more information on this subject, please see the stickied topic on Staffing Policies.