• Welcome to Sanctuary! We have a chatbox but it's disabled until you sign in. All our official content can be found here. If you have any questions, try our FAQ here or make a thread!

Sanctuary Forum Game #2: D&D Test Run

andersonnnunes

⚝Future Author of Things✩are✩Looking✩Up v2.0z⚝
Messages
281
travel speed isn't really a factor in this particular campaign
Oh, really? So it should not be a problem if a certain someone had to walk because horses were not available, right?

Eneva is feeling really evil today, but her next idea kinda depends on how many horses are available.

She answers all questions with lies and asks him if he would be willing to help her bring some horses to the inn.
 

Battousai

Adherent
Clan member
Messages
72
Occupation
Cookmaster supreme
Rosh looks at Siegfried with wide curious eyes and responds @gaijinkaiju "A wager you say? Oh this should be good, what are we betting on then? Whichever of the 2 of us gets the first hit on the princess the other one has to buy all the drinks for the whole party all night! HAHAHAHAHA, Now thats a wager to look forward to!" Meanwhile the blacksmith got started on his axes and Rosh smiles and looks approvingly "These sharpened ladies shall me win that wager I bet!"
 

gaijinkaiju

Full-time Magical Girl
Clan member
Messages
191
@Battousai "okay, make that two wagers" Siegfried said chuckling "How about this. Whichever of the two of us gets the first hit on the princess the other one has to buy the rest of us drinks for the night, And whoever manages to slay more beasts the other buys the winner a new set of weapons?" Siegfried said, looking over his sword
 

Kaleion

Devotee
Messages
188
@Arnox: I'm not interested in anything magical it's just that the game doesn't give me a very important part of my character's kit since I got it through a Feat rather than class or Background and I'm intersted in acquiring is a Healer's Kit, it's not particularly expensive and I'm able to afford 1, if it's worth what it's worth on the PHB, it's 3 additional heals per kit so I would consider that a pretty good deal.

@Bartender: You're right but thanks for the info anyway.

@Siegfried & Rosh: "Sorry to interrupt"
says Eleria in a soft tone very obviously not wanting to talk much "But I'm going to see if I can gather some intel before setting out, I think we should ask around the Knight's Quarters, The Castle & the Wizard's Tower to see if we can get some information that may help us on this quest" She sighs & says "And well... uhm... It would be really good if you helped because we might be able to get through this faster"

BTW: Sorry I took so long TBH I don't post anything while I work.
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Global moderator
Clan member
Messages
3,450
Turn 6
The youth of course agrees to your request and begins asking other questions such as what fighting style you recommend and if you've had any suitors in the past. And there are four horses available exactly.

-

Eleria is not with Rosh and Siegfried in the blacksmith shop, but I'll assume you walked over there. Be sure to remember your locations. ;) As to the kit, you can just have one for free since I missed it. I'll mark it on your character sheet.
 

andersonnnunes

⚝Future Author of Things✩are✩Looking✩Up v2.0z⚝
Messages
281
Eneva rents/buys the best horse for her, and two more. She asks the horseman to keep the other reserved because a friend will come by later to pick it. She gives a random name for the reservation.

Eneva starts walking to the front of inn/blacksmith, to meet with her peers. To answer the youth, she starts a tirade about how her past suitors were unruly man, and that she needed someone to attended to every whim of her, which she feels like rewarding with strong bonds.

@Siegfried & Rosh: hey, guys, check this out, I got horses for us. This one is mine, pick yours. Also, say hi to my valet. He is joining us. [points to the youth]
@Youth: say hi to your new comrades.
 

Kaleion

Devotee
Messages
188
@Arnox, that was my mistake entirely, I didn't notice they had both left for the blacksmith, no since I assume I don't know where they are because all they said was that they were looking for equipment not where they were going (Though really they could have only gone to 2 places besides here), then forget about my previous action.

What I'll do instead is that I get up, thank the bartender & leave, I'm headig to the Knight's Quarters, if I see a party member outsied I'll interact with them though.
 

Battousai

Adherent
Clan member
Messages
72
Occupation
Cookmaster supreme
Rosh looks at the kid Eneva just brought @youth "Well kid, here's hoping you last the first day, cheers." as he finishes saying that he turns back to Siegfried @gaijinkaiju "Aye, you got yourself a wager my armored friend, may the best dwarf win!"

Right after that the blacksmith has finished sharpening his axes and Rosh eargerly grasps them both, looking at them proudly and looking at the sharp edge with anticipation. For he told himself that he will win that bet for a new set of Axes to complement the one he already has would be mighty fine, but free drinks all night is truly a dream come true.

Rosh puts his axes away and then looks at the horses Eneva brought, he chooses to take the shorter one of the two of course, thinking back how he already has enough trouble getting on top regular sized horses being a dwarf @andersonnnunes "Thanks for the horses lass, I'll take the shorter one to the right, short and stocky built just like me, a match made in heaven I'm sure hahahahaha!
 

gaijinkaiju

Full-time Magical Girl
Clan member
Messages
191
@Battousai "Then its a deal! I hope you've got gold to spare my friend, Despite my age I'm still pretty good with a sword" Siegfried said smiling before firmly shaking the dwarfs hand.

As he leaves the blacksmith, he sees Eneva, accompanied with horses and a local youth @andersonnnunes "someone made a friend I see. I hope you're not mistreating him?" He asked before turning his gaze to the youth @youth "whilst i don't condone bring a child along, something tells me Eneva wouldn't listen anyway. I hope you know what you're getting into kid, Its never too late to turn back you know" Then turning his gaze back to Eneva, he remarks "Whilst i appreciate the thought, I only see three horses, when there are four, now five, of us. I hope you're not planning to cause trouble with Eleria the whole journey?"

"Any way, I'm going to find Eleria. Lets meet up at the well once we're all ready, shall we?" Siegfried said out-loud as he started to head back to the inn. As he passes Eneva, he puts his hand on her shoulder and quietly but firmly says @andersonnnunes "I expect you to look after that kid. He's more than just a play thing for you're enjoyment" whilst giving her a stern glare., before finally leaving the blacksmiths.

Just as he's nearly out of earshot of the blacksmiths, he turns back and shouts to Rosh @Battousai "OH, AND ENEVA DOESN"T COUNT, ROSH".
Chuckling now, he heads back towards the inn, in search of Eleria
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Global moderator
Clan member
Messages
3,450
Turn 7

The youth quickly introduces himself, shaking both Rosh and Siegfried's hands enthusiastically. "By Azura! I can't wait to travel with you both! My name's Josh. You all must really consider yourselves lucky to be working with Eneva! Such a marvelous woman!" As he hears Siegfried's warning though, he frowns. "Eneva will protect me from everything of course!"

As Siegfried departs, he searches the inn, but Eleria has since left and the barkeep has no idea where she went. He then leaves and lets the group know.

(You guys really need to coordinate better. lol Shouldn't take too long for the group to find Eleria though. The town is small.)
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Global moderator
Clan member
Messages
3,450
Ya'll niggas better reply fast before I start taking liberties with your characters. XD
 

gaijinkaiju

Full-time Magical Girl
Clan member
Messages
191
I'm assuming I'm back with the group then? in that case

@andersonnnunes @Battousai "Well Eleria's left the inn, the barkeep didn't know where she was heading either. You didn't happen to pass her on way here, did you Eneva?" Siegfried asked
 

andersonnnunes

⚝Future Author of Things✩are✩Looking✩Up v2.0z⚝
Messages
281
You didn't happen to pass her on way here, did you Eneva?
No. If I may say, I am even a little happy that she is not here. After all, we can search twice as fast if we split up. This evil person we seek can't hide if we survey all the island. We should start now and, since I got my horse and a staunch ally [puts hand over youth's shoulder], I am ready to leave. Who is coming with me?
 

Battousai

Adherent
Clan member
Messages
72
Occupation
Cookmaster supreme
Rosh replied @gaijinkaiju "Aye lad, you must have a lot of wax in your ears, she said she was going to look for more information. So she's either at the Knight's quarters asking questions or at the wizard's tower searching for clues. Personally I say we head to the knight's quarters, one of those knightly lads might want to do a test of strength with little old me. It will be some fun to pass the time for sure!"
 

Kaleion

Devotee
Messages
188
I'll just continue going to the Knight's Quarters, when I find the guards at the entrance I'll say.
@Arnix: "Eexcuse me my name is Eleria Ezel humble servant of the Lady of Dreams and me and my companions have decided to take up the task of rescuing the Wizard, so I've come here to seek information that might assist us on this task"
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Global moderator
Clan member
Messages
3,450
Turn 8
Eleria - You approach the two bored-looking guards at the entrance leaning against the wall and ask your question, but they barely seem to be listening. "Yeah, yeah. Information's on the bounty board." You frown and go in, promptly seeing a big bulletin board with a couple papers on it. One of them stood out in particular though as it was larger than any of the others. It had a quick but well-done drawing of the princess, the bounty (2,500 gold), the crimes she was charged with, (Kidnapping, theft, and treason.) and her suspected location. (Fortress in the mountains to the west.) The princess looked like her usual beautiful but haughty self.
 

Battousai

Adherent
Clan member
Messages
72
Occupation
Cookmaster supreme
Rosh decides to head to the Knight Quarters to find Eleria so the journey can finally begin, when he gets there he sees the 2 guards at the gate looking mighty lazy and bored and realizes he won't get any entertainment here "Bah, these lazy bastards couldn't even protect a chicken coop from a fox, wouldn't be a fair fight even if I fought 5 of them at the same time. No worries, soon the journey commences and the fun begins!

He, walks past them and sees Eleria inspecting the bulletin board with information on the bounty @Kaleion "So that's how the princess looks eh? Its a shame we might have to hurt such a pretty face, but that's some really nice coin they are offering for her. Anyway lass, we are all ready to set out, come and join us so we can start."
 

Kaleion

Devotee
Messages
188
While inspect the board, I'll make sure to look up if it says the name of the Princess & the name of the Wizard since I don't really have that.

Then as I hear Rosh's voice I answer @Battousai "Ready for travel maybe, but I feel we are woefully uninformed about the whole situation" Then I turn around and continue "However, Time is of the essence and if we take too long it might just be too late, but we may be able to gather some clues around the way, though I feel that will depend on the route we take."
 

Monoochrom

Devotee
Staff member
Messages
242
Ashe' Ears perked as he overheard the Cleric. Capturing the Princess was too much for one alone, though he'd certainly fanatsized about what he could do with that much Gold. He carefully folded and pocketed the far smaller bounty he'd been studying whilst leaning against the Wall of the Knights Quarters. He quietly approaches the Cleric and Dwarf.

@Kaleion "Hello fair one, I couldn't help but overhear that your Group hopes to stop the Princess. The gathering of Information is a bit of a speciality of mine, perhaps I can be of some assistence?" he say's with slightly raised eyebrows and a smile
 

Kaleion

Devotee
Messages
188
Startled by the new face and his compliment, I turn around to face him @Monoochrom "He-hello sir..." I cough a little and regain my composure "Yes we're heading to The Fortress of Evil to rescue the Wizard and possibly to also defeat the Princess, as for the gathering of information well yes, that would be useful but I can't imagine you'll be doing that for free."
 

gaijinkaiju

Full-time Magical Girl
Clan member
Messages
191
Siegfried, having wandered over and rejoined Rosh and Eleria, puts his hand on Eleria's shoulder @Kaleion"so this is where you've been hiding, aye. How goes the search for information?"
Tturning to face the unfamiliar half-elf he asks @Monoochrom "Looking to join our little group, are ya?" then, scratching his chin and thinking briefly says "well they do say many hands make light work, or something to that degree. Assuming the others don't mind, Welcome Aboard!" Now smiling he goes to shake the half-elf's hand "I'm Siegfried, and your name was?"
 

andersonnnunes

⚝Future Author of Things✩are✩Looking✩Up v2.0z⚝
Messages
281
Just being ignored, Eneva says to the youth: looks like our comrades are more interested in chatting than fighting. I just can't wait to show off my skills to you, so let's set out and ride to the forest. Eneva mounts her horse and signals for him to do the same. Out the town they go.

[And the DM had even suggested that THEY could set out and leave HER behind - yeah, no way]
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Global moderator
Clan member
Messages
3,450
Just being ignored, Eneva says to the youth: looks like our comrades are more interested in chatting than fighting. I just can't wait to show off my skills to you, so let's set out and ride to the forest. Eneva mounts her horse and signals for him to do the same. Out the town they go.

[And the DM had even suggested that THEY could set out and leave HER behind - yeah, no way]
That... Uh... Isn't recommended. Are you sure you wanna do that?
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Global moderator
Clan member
Messages
3,450
Turn 9

As the group talks, Eneva, getting quite impatient, leaves the Knight's Quarters, mounts her horse, and begins to ride off in a westerly direction and slightly to the north, with some decent sized mountains ahead, the tree-covered mountains looking blue in the afternoon sun. The youth looked doubtfully to Eneva and then to the group before he then mounted and set off, badgering Eneva with more annoying questions.

(By the way, sorry for the uninspired campaign, everyone. This is done deliberately. I don't really want to waste any of my ideas yet since this is just a quick tutorial kind of campaign. The next campaign will be a lot more colorful.)

(Also, @andersonnnunes you are now on the road until further notice but won't actually achieve any real distance just yet until the group starts traveling or the group sleeps. The group may also choose to try and catch up with you.)
 
Top