News: All systems normal.

• May 28, 2018, 12:12:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Meanwhile At The Escapist...  (Read 134 times)

Online Arnox

Meanwhile At The Escapist...
« on: May 15, 2018, 01:32:20 PM »

Offline Signa

• Adherent
  • Libertarian Contrarian
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile At The Escapist...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »
I don't know what you mean.  I was able to read a whole thread without issue.  I mean, it was the thread about making this site, but still, no errors! 
The first and second amendments guarantees your right to oppose the first and second amendments.

Offline bluegate

• Adherent
    • View Profile
    • luckymouse.nl
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 07:51:32 PM »
I see that your thread is hanging on, trying to stay on the first page of Off-Topic.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.1055334-IN-CASE-OF-THE-ESCAPIST-ERRORING-OUT-AGAIN

Offline Vendor-Lazarus

• Adherent
  • 'Today's Science-Fiction, Tomorrow's Reality'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »
Very apt image.

Also, it's quite the coincidence that the shit hit the fan very soon after they closed down the Wild West.
Now it's Server Errors 504 and 502's everywhere. From a supposed hand-over.
Though Menashe never came back. Nor did Kross confirm a buyout, just that he is helping out some friends.

Anyway...with the Wild West gone, the only place that sees any real constant action is the original basement of R&P with the usual suspects. ,)

Add *crickets* and *tumble-weed* as appropriate. ,)

Online Arnox

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 12:27:42 AM »
Meanwhile at Sanctuary:

I don't know what you mean.  I was able to read a whole thread without issue.  I mean, it was the thread about making this site, but still, no errors! 

Try again. You definitely should get some errors this time. I know I can't even get INTO a thread now without it 504ing.

Offline Signa

• Adherent
  • Libertarian Contrarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 04:45:30 AM »
Meanwhile at Sanctuary:

Try again. You definitely should get some errors this time. I know I can't even get INTO a thread now without it 504ing.

Well, then, let me re-emphasize.

I don't know what you mean.  I was able to read a whole thread without issue.  I mean, it was the thread about making this site, but still, no errors!   ;)
The first and second amendments guarantees your right to oppose the first and second amendments.

Online Arnox

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 04:56:01 AM »
Meanwhile at Sanctuary:

Well, then, let me re-emphasize.

I don't know what you mean.  I was able to read a whole thread without issue.  I mean, it was the thread about making this site, but still, no errors!   ;)

lol I see.

Offline Chimpzy

• Adherent
  • Warning! Contains Ba(Na)N⁴S
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 10:01:50 AM »
It's really inconsistent for me. Sometimes I'd click on a thread and the page would load without a hitch. Faster than they have for a long time, in fact. Then 5 minutes later it's 502s and 504s non-stop. Sometimes I'd open two threads in quick succession and one will just work and the other won't.

Fyi, Basement Cat created a goodbyes thread. Ominous.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.1055386-Let-Us-Say-Hello-And-Goodbye-Together-CELEBRATE-THE-ESCAPIST
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:39:53 AM by Chimpzy »

Online Arnox

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 01:48:01 PM »
It's really inconsistent for me. Sometimes I'd click on a thread and the page would load without a hitch. Faster than they have for a long time, in fact. Then 5 minutes later it's 502s and 504s non-stop. Sometimes I'd open two threads in quick succession and one will just work and the other won't.

Fyi, Basement Cat created a goodbyes thread. Ominous.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.1055386-Let-Us-Say-Hello-And-Goodbye-Together-CELEBRATE-THE-ESCAPIST

I BARELY got a post in. Although I'm surprised I even got that.

Offline PsychedelicDiamond

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 02:53:35 PM »
Site's all but unusable right now.  You know, that whole policy of no communication whatsoever with the community that whoever own this site by now is coming off as a bit kafkaesque by now. Either they're trying to fix the site or trying to take the site down once and for all but at least they could tell us about it.

Online Arnox

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 03:01:51 PM »
Site's all but unusable right now.  You know, that whole policy of no communication whatsoever with the community that whoever own this site by now is coming off as a bit kafkaesque by now. Either they're trying to fix the site or trying to take the site down once and for all but at least they could tell us about it.

That's what makes it so damn ridiculous. It seems like the Escapist is cursed with constantly having utterly incompetent staff.

Offline PsychedelicDiamond

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 03:19:14 PM »

That's what makes it so damn ridiculous. It seems like the Escapist is cursed with constantly having utterly incompetent staff.

Has it alwas been like this? I've only been active there rather sporadically until about a year ago but back when it was still somewhat active it seemed to be running just fine. Of course looking at how almost all of their content creators left, chances are that there's been a lot of mismanagement behind the scenes but site and Forum never seemed to have any major problems. It sort of just... fell apart for the last 3 years.

We didn't even get any fun drama out of it like they did over at ChannelAwesome.

Online Arnox

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 03:22:59 PM »

Has it alwas been like this? I've only been active there rather sporadically until about a year ago but back when it was still somewhat active it seemed to be running just fine. Of course looking at how almost all of their content creators left, chances are that there's been a lot of mismanagement behind the scenes but site and Forum never seemed to have any major problems. It sort of just... fell apart for the last 3 years.

We didn't even get any fun drama out of it like they did over at ChannelAwesome.

Defy Media mismanaged The Escapist into almost complete irrelevancy. And then they let it stagnate and die.