Author Topic: Hi  (Read 269 times)

Offline Silvanus

• Adherent
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: May 16, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »
Hi ex-Escapists (and others, if there are others)!

So I opened up The Escapist today, to find that the 502 and 504 errors were worse than ever. I can barely open a thread there any more, let alone actively post. It seems to be a similar situation for a lot of others. That site has been my regular haunt for a number of years now, though, so jumping ship with other Escapists seems a good choice.

I imagine (or naively hope) that some of you will recognise me, anyway, even if only from the avatar. I'm Silvanus. I'm a Londoner, I'm in my 20s, and I usually stuck to the Gaming, Off-Topic and Religion & Politics sections on The Escapist.

Howdy, and many thanks to whomever took the time to create this place to save us.

((On a side-note, remember that "Something is Coming" thread back on The Escapist, where that guy who said he now owned the site promised us salvation and cookies and a functional forum were just around the corner? I suppose we can go ahead and assume that didn't lead anywhere, then?))

Offline PsychedelicDiamond

• Outlander+
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 04:10:17 PM »
Either what's happening right now on Escapist if the byproduct of someone trying to fix it or it's finally going to the dogs.

Either way, good to have you here. I think I've seen you around a few times.

Offline bluegate

• Devotee
    • View Profile
    • luckymouse.nl
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »
Hi there!

Good to see another user :D

I imagine (or naively hope) that some of you will recognise me, anyway, even if only from the avatar. I'm Silvanus. I'm a Londoner, I'm in my 20s, and I usually stuck to the Gaming, Off-Topic and Religion & Politics sections on The Escapist.
Exactly the reason why I recognise you. Liked the Don Camillo avatar you had for a while, but I think I like the current Niles Crane one better, even if it isn't animated.

Offline Chimpzy

• Adherent
  • Warning! Contains Ba(Na)N⁴S
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »
Hey, welcome. Good to get some more people around.

Also, they have a basement too around here, but it's called the Chaos Realm.

Online Arnox

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 11:46:02 PM »
One of us.

Welcome to the Sanctuary! Things are MUCH laxer here. Be sure to check out our awesome rules!

Offline Houseman

• Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 11:53:30 PM »
Oh what wonderful R&P conversations we will have

Offline Signa

• Disciple
  • Libertarian Contrarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:26:51 AM »
I see you figured out one of our links then.
The first and second amendments guarantees your right to oppose the first and second amendments.

Offline Silvanus

• Adherent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 07:04:27 PM »
Thanks, guys!

Hope I don't rub people up the wrong way too quickly. I want that to occur at least after a few weeks, not straight off the bat.

Online Arnox

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 08:32:33 PM »
Thanks, guys!

Hope I don't rub people up the wrong way too quickly. I want that to occur at least after a few weeks, not straight off the bat.

I'm made of steel. You can't hurt me.