Author Topic: Halo Online Guide v2.2 (Dedicated servers, splitscreen, and more)  (Read 454 times)

Offline xMaskedYoshi

• Outlander
    • View Profile
Re: Halo Online Guide v2.2 (Dedicated servers, splitscreen, and more)
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 08:17:13 PM »

Ahh I see. Hmmmmm. This will be a hard bypass.

I still have the original MS23 build saved though, so all I need is the permanent storage solution to upload it to.

So what exactly is the MS23 file in particular? Like this halo game isn't in development right? So why would it be such a big idea to upload this?

Online Arnox

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 09:35:55 PM »
So what exactly is the MS23 file in particular? Like this halo game isn't in development right? So why would it be such a big idea to upload this?

ElDewrito is written entirely as an "update" for the early MS23 version or build of Halo Online. You use the build to do a completely clean install of ED. There were later builds of Halo Online, but the ED team went with MS23 because it was the latest build that still had a lot of things that were taken out in later builds. Then Microsoft decided to be dicks and restrict all access to the MS23 build, thereby hamstringing ED a lot.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:38:27 PM by Arnox »

Offline xMaskedYoshi

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 10:24:09 PM »

ElDewrito is written entirely as an "update" for the early MS23 version or build of Halo Online. You use the build to do a completely clean install of ED. There were later builds of Halo Online, but the ED team went with MS23 because it was the latest build that still had a lot of things that were taken out in later builds. Then Microsoft decided to be dicks and restrict all access to the MS23 build, thereby hamstringing ED a lot.

Ohh I gotchya. Wow that really sucks.

Online Arnox

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:52 PM »

Yep.

Offline xMaskedYoshi

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 02:24:19 AM »

Yep.

How can I add custom maps to the voting pool?

Online Arnox

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 03:17:17 AM »

Yep.

Just add them same as any standard map.

Offline xMaskedYoshi

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 03:35:16 AM »

I'll give it a try. Everytime I've tried doing that it forced the game to load defaults. So maybe it was just my coding?

Online Arnox

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 04:42:06 AM »

I'll give it a try. Everytime I've tried doing that it forced the game to load defaults. So maybe it was just my coding?

You don't need to move any map files from their original folders either. Just give the json file the filename of the custom map without extension.

Offline xMaskedYoshi

• Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 05:54:07 AM »

You don't need to move any map files from their original folders either. Just give the json file the filename of the custom map without extension.

That's what I thought before. I tried like 2 days ago. I guess I just missed a comma or something in the coding. I just tried with 15 maps, and all works perfect.

Online Arnox

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 08:20:03 AM »

That's what I thought before. I tried like 2 days ago. I guess I just missed a comma or something in the coding. I just tried with 15 maps, and all works perfect.

Alright. Let me know if you have any questions then.