• Welcome to Sanctuary! We have a chatbox but it's disabled until you sign in. All our official content can be found here. If you have any questions, try our FAQ here or make a thread!

Sanctuary Forum Game #1: Your Deepest Desires

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Messages
2,992
#53
Turn 9

gaijinkaiju/Houseman: Aizen strikes swiftly and the mage is quickly ended, his heart stabbed through. Suddenly, a big girl behind Aizen (Yvela) swings a mace right at her, surprising and crushing her arm, making Aizen yell out in pain. One good blow more, and she would be finished. Carmin however decided to test something and blasted himself with some fire, and to his dismay immediately hurting himself some in the process. Creila paused for a second, looking incredulously at Carmin before laughing high and coldly. "Oh, just embrace this darkness! You belong with us now."

--Aizen hits Virone for 4 damage. Virone is defeated. Carmin hits Carmin for 2 damage.--
--Creila laughs at Carmin. Carmin still has 13 HP left. Yvela hits Aizen for 6. Aizen has 6 HP left.--


andersonnnunes/Gauche: Riva was once again hit with that blasted dagger, and he was coughing up blood, but he still charged forward, hoping to at least get some last hits in, but an expert swing of his sword yielded no results as Gauche dodged it quickly with his newfound incredible speed, his wounds visibly healing now. Lain expertly struck forward with his fist, hitting Zermi in the ribs, crushing them and bringing him to the ground, but Zermi slashed again, his first strike missing once again, but the second time, he hits Lain the second time in the leg.

--Gauche hits Riva for 2 damage and regenerates 2 HP. Riva has 2 HP left. Lain hits Zermi for 5 damage. Zermi has 3 HP left.--
--Riva misses Gauche. Gauche still has 16 HP left. Zermi misses Lain once but hits him the second time again for 3 damage. Lain has 38 HP left.--


(You guys should probably trust me when I say you don't wanna last-stand this obstacle.)
 
Messages
24
#56
Gauche lunges in with a dagger of light decapitating Riva and crushes the skull with repeated curb stomps
Gauche spits on the corpse, turns away and finally observes the surrounding chaos
Gauche runs around screaming
 
Messages
154
#57
Lain is rather hungry from all the action. He finishes the pathetic creature in front of him with another Melee, rips a piece of flesh from it and eats it. Oddly, the hunger persists. Suddenly, he remembers the inscription at the inside side of the entrance (displayed to those leaving) of the library of the castle in which he lived many years ago: As terrifying and painful as reality can be, it's also the only place that you can get a decent meal.

This prompts him to wake up.
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Messages
2,992
#58
Turn 10


andersonnnunes/Houseman/gaijinkaiju/Gauche: As soon as two of you begin thinking about waking up, the forest immediately begins to... Glitch out. Crackling electrical noises can be heard as what it seemed the whole world was coming apart before your very eyes. You hear in the distance a scream of frustration as the forest slowly gives way to a dark room. Then silence. You were all back in the underground lair now. Assuming you even left it at all. You still have your wounds though, so clearly it wasn't ALL a dream. Looking around a bit more though reveals a man sitting in a glowing blue chair. He seemed completely unconscious. Suspended by a mysterious blue magical energy. The more magically inclined among you recognize this as a strange dimensional magic. Very ancient. Very powerful. And something few people know how to wield, if at all. And just ahead... You see a library beyond. Perhaps there's even more rooms. Perhaps not.

--Gauche renerates 2 HP back. Gauche now has 18 HP left. None of you are currently in combat now.--

 
Messages
381
#59
That's what I was trying to do with the self-inflicted fireball, but okay.

Also, I thought once we left combat, all our wounds would be healed?

"After combat, if the surviving players are below 20 HP, they will be healed back up to 20 HP for the next fight."

Forward!
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Messages
2,992
#60
That's what I was trying to do with the self-inflicted fireball, but okay.

Also, I thought once we left combat, all our wounds would be healed?

"After combat, if the surviving players are below 20 HP, they will be healed back up to 20 HP for the next fight."

Forward!
Ehhhh... Well, I was wondering if I should keep the HP values in case one of you wanted to attack another. In any case though, the sentence is there simply to demonstrate that what happened wasn't entirely mental at all. But yeah, everyone's at full HP now except andersonnnunes who has extra HP still.

BTW, you guys really should think about trimming down the competition... This isn't a group effort. I mean... Unless you're andersonnnunes or gaijinkaiju.
 
Messages
24
#65
Gauche sits upon the chair, extends both arms forward, closes his palms and starts making strange noises resembling the word broom
When bored Gauche stands and pisses on the unconscious man
Gauche looks at his hand examining it closely and proclaims, "I'm so fucked up"
Gauche saunters off forward
 

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Messages
2,992
#66
Turn 11
Gauche: As you sit down on the chair, you find yourself levitated away from the body as if there was a barrier, much like the sundial room. But try as you might to pull your genitals out of your pants, you feel yourself beginning to be compelled to join the others in exploring the rooms beyond. Looks like chair boy would have to wait to get his urine.

andersonnnunes/Houseman/gaijinkaiju:

As you enter the next room, you all suddenly feel a sense of finality. This was the end, or at least nearing it. As you all spread out, it was clear this was a vast and opulent living area, complete with kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, and of course, a library. But nobody seemed to be there at the moment. You could already tell there was yet more areas to the place but you all came here for one reason. That desire. And now, that drive was stronger than ever. The more knowledge-inclined among you tried to read some of the books, both ancient and new, revealing incredible truths magical and mundane in the first few pages, but something in the back of your mind kept distracting and pulling you away from reading. Pulling you onward deeper into the living area. At this point, it was practically irresistible and it was clear you wouldn't be able to focus on anything you were reading. That desire, that sense of finality, soon led each of you into a hallway that led to a well-lit stone staircase descending down...


Then you see it. An incredible treasure hoard... No matter who you were, it was impossible to not stop and just look at it all. Many times, such hoards are described in books and tales, but when you see that incredible wealth in person... When you're really standing there right in front of it all, all those books and words and stories don't do such a hoard real justice. But still, like you were all led by some power now, that desire drove you forward. Influencing and guiding you to climb up and past the piles of gold, gems, and other incredible valuables. You all make your way across the hoard and soon, to the back of the enormous treasure room was a solid gold jeweled throne. Upon it, a single beautiful woman with auburn hair in a dress the color of the wine that was being swirled in a wineglass in her left hand, her eyes closed, waiting for you all.

"You know, I almost thought you were all going to perish there in my little dimensional obstacle. It would have been somewhat boring though if you had. I'm glad you are all here now." The woman then opened her eyes and soon you were all struck with intense need as you all looked into them. "You know, my powers only work within a radius. I can prod people gently outside of it, but that is all. People come down here to me though to realize their dreams. As for me though, do not worry your heads about it. I am a fair goddess and I will give you what you seek. Though I must say... " She smiled, and though it was a small graceful smile, it was still somehow deeply foreboding. "I am disappointed that you all thought you could work together..." Suddenly things began to feel very ominous. "Did you think you all could waltz into my quarters and make me break my rules? I thought I made it very clear to you all." She arose slowly from her chair, setting the glass down on the armrest. "How about this then? You either thin your ranks down yourselves... Or I do it. And I guarantee you, if I have to, you will enjoy a very painful death."

--Either initiate combat and kill each other, or I will come into combat myself and anyone that dies to me gets banned for a week. :) Anyone who chooses to fight and wins against me will get a permanent title though, no contest. All deaths from here on out will be permanent. Choose wisely.--
 
Last edited:

Arnox

Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Messages
2,992
#74
Turn 12
andersonnnunes/Houseman/gaijinkaiju/Gauche: Lain and Aizen both nod to each other in silent agreement before the beautiful woman before pulling their swords out and advancing on Carmin. The woman then looked on and smiled softly again to Carmin and Gauche. Again, not a comforting gesture. But you both have made a stand now. You would both probably die now to this strange sorceress and her new servants, but so help you if you were gonna sit here and let her manipulate everyone, especially you. Lain and Aizen though both make you two begin to step back though, Hunter bloodlust brewing in their eyes. Then the woman spoke, her voice now utterly cold and beginning to reverberate with power as she raised her right hand to show, blue scales beginning to grow over it. Claws sprouting where her nails were. "If you were not so arrogant, I would truly feel sorry for you both. But as the matter stands, I guess it just makes this easier... " Suddenly, Lain and Aizen had to stop their advance and get out of the way as the mysterious woman grew in overall size, her mouth elongating, scales growing all over her body... By the time it was finished, the woman was gone and in her place was a massive blue dragoness, breathing heavily and staring right at Carmin and Gauche with murderous intent.



Arnox
HP: 100
Arnox - Passive: Sorrow
All passive class abilities of the opponent players no longer work. (Artifact powers are still in effect.)
Arnox - Passive: Survival
If any dice roll/coin flip falls unfavorably, Arnox can choose to reroll/reflip it. This ability can only be used 3 times.

Arnox - Active: Smash
The GM will flip a coin. If heads, this crushing attack does 15 damage. If tails, it does 5.
Arnox - Active: Scorch
The GM will flip a coin for each person fighting against Arnox. If heads, that person will get a face full of fire and take 5 damage. If tails, it misses them.
Arnox - Active: Scatter
The GM will flip a coin for each person fighting against Arnox. If heads, the wing attack will blow them off their feet and they will unable to attack next turn. If tails, they resist.
Arnox - Active: Stare
The GM will flip a coin. If heads, the targeted player will be overwhelmed by Arnox's gaze, temporarily taken over, and forced to attack their teammates next turn with an attack of Arnox's choosing.


gaijinkaiju/Gauche: Once the transformation was finished, as if on cue, Lain and Aizen both turn around and begin to attack Carmin and Gauche, but before they could even get started, the dragoness surged forward, her paw outstretched and slamming Gauche down underneath it, cracking so many bones. And if that wasn't enough, Aizen was quickly on him after, slashing down at his arm and hitting true, making Gauche yell out in pain as he barely manages to get away from the two for a moment. Looking for a weak point in the dragoness, he slashes with his dagger but it slices through only a little. Looked like he was actually going to need more this time to bring down this lizard wench.

--Arnox hits Gauche for 15 damage and uses up one of her three Survival re-rolls. Aizen hits Gauche for 7 damage. Gauche has 23 HP left. Gauche hits Arnox for 2 damage. Arnox has 98 HP left.--

andersonnnunes/Houseman: Lain lashes out with his steely blade as well, hitting Carmin dead on in the stomach, but he wasn't going to go down that easily nor was he going to waste his time with this servant. The woman needed to be stopped. He struck out with lightning, hitting the dragoness' scaly side, making her hiss in anger, cutting down her aura magic for the moment but not really doing much damage either.

--Lain hits Carmin for 7 damage. Carmin has 38 HP left. Carmin hits Arnox for 3 damage and disables her passives for a short time this turn and, if the same electric attack is used, next turn as well. Arnox has 95 HP left. Gauche regenerates a bit and now has 25 HP.--